Careers With Us
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness is built on the talents, attitude and drive of its people. Our culture is our major point of difference and we are determined to preserve and enhance that culture with every new person who joins the team.
Our leaders are accessible and they really listen to what we have to say. Each of us has an important part to play in the Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness storybook of history and we are empowered to be accountable and creative as we do our work. This means that individual contributions are acknowledged and encouraged.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness people have all joined our organisation to be part of the journey - to be part of something big, something that has never been achieved before.
SUSF encourages people to challenge the norm and question process. Our belief is that education and sport go hand in hand and together greatness can be achieved.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness has a variety of excellent career opportunities, from entry level positions for ambitious new starters to Senior Management roles in a variety of disciplines. If you have a passion for innovation, the ability to not only identify problems but provide creative solutions too, are dedicated to getting the job done, relish working with a team and have a sense of fun, then we'd love to hear from you.
Our stakeholders have very high expectations of us. We respond by recruiting truly outstanding people, providing them with opportunities to grow and learn across a range of different areas.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness attracts a large number of applications for each vacancy it advertises. Each application is carefully evaluated against the specific requirements of the role so to help us evaluate your resume and ensure that your experience, skills and qualifications are correctly reflected, we would suggest that you make sure the following information is contained in your resume and covering letter.
- Your name, street address and a contact telephone number;
- Your employment history - including the name(s) of previous companies, position(s) held, period(s) of service, major responsibilities and specific achievements;
- Your level of education and relevant training programs; and
- Any other experience or activities that relate to the role you are applying for
To view SUSF's job applicant policy click here.
Positions Currently Vacant
All positions vacant within Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness are located here. Please check this page reguarly for all information regarding vacant positions.
Swim Program Manager
- $80,000 + Super + Benefits
- Please email CV and Cover letter ATTN: Emily to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 5pm (2 March 2018)
- **Must have working rights in Australia**
The Swim Program Manager drives the operations and management of the University of Sydney Swimming Program including the Learn to Swim Program and Junior Squads. Reporting to the SUSF Operations & Infrastructure Manager and liaising with the High Performance Program and the Sydney University Swimming Club Executive and members the Swim Program Manager is responsible for the success and quality of the SUSF Swim Program and ensuring that the day to day operation of the program is competitive and best market practice. The Swim Program Manager is responsible for the administration, financial operations, promotion, marketing, customer service training and staff management for the program.
- To be responsible of the successful running of the Swim Program including but not limited to all administration, enrolment and class / squad programming of the Learn to Swim program, the junior squads program and the age competitive Swimming program
- Mange the Swim school budget, ensuring all financial targets are achieved, as agreed with the Operations and Infrastructure Manager.
- To be responsible for teacher recruitment of the swimming program in conjunction with the HR Coordinator.
- To line manage the swim program teams including training and development, as well as responsible for organising staff rosters.
- To be responsible for ensuring an excellent level of teaching is delivered to members of the swim school that is exciting and engaging and lessons are being delivered at all times by leading the Swim program team to achieve a high standard.
- To be responsible for developing creative and innovative classes following the Swim Australia ASCTA recognised module for teaching swimming.
- Provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all members within the pool and surrounding areas.
- To be able to develop and implement successful methods of communication across the wider SUSF organisation and between your team members and parents.
- In conjunction with the Marketing department, develop internal and external marketing strategies for the University of Sydney Swimming program.
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies are in a safe working order at all times and that adequate quantities are available.
- In water and pool deck teaching & supervision when required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- An understanding of what drives a successful sport and recreation service.
- Previous experience in swimming program administration (3+ years).
- Experience in sports administration (2+ years).
- Familiar with swim school lesson planning and assessment criteria.
- Bronze Licence in Coaching.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with the Sydney University Swim Club to assist their participation and enjoyment of swimming meets.
- Learn to Swim Instructor experience (2+ years).
- Staff recruitment and managerial skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organisation & time management skills.
- ICT skills (Microsoft Excel, booking and membership databases.
- Degree in business, sports administration or management or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience Direct Debit systems.
Sydney Uni Social Netball Competition is looking for reliable and enthusiastic netball umpires to join our growing competitions. We run weekly competitions on Tuesday nights and Sunday afternoons with a brand new fast five competition starting on Wednesday nights.
- Casual Hours
- Paid per game
- All candidates considered including international students (must legally be able to work in Australia)
- Commencing as soon as possible
Netball Comps run:
- Tuesdays 6.35pm – 10.35pm
- Wednesday Fast Five 5.50pm – 8.00pm
- Sundays 1.00pm – 9.00pm
- Tuesday $21.93 per game (40 mins)
- Wednesday Fast Five $17.42 per game (30 mins)
- Sunday $22.48 per game (40 mins)
- Must have experience umpiring netball
- Must hold a Netball Australia C level badge or higher, or at least 5 years netball umpire experience
- Organisational and time management skills
- Experience umpiring Fast Five netball
Applications are ongoing. Please email your resume to email@example.com
- Type of work: Casual
- Commences: Immediately
- Closing Date: Ongoing
- Residences Requirements: All candidates considered including international students (must legally be able to work in Australia)
Sydney Uni Tennis is looking for both casual and part time tennis coaches, with opportunity to increase one’s responsibility as the program develops. The club has recently come under new management and is seeking to substantially expand its junior and adult membership base and there are clear career benefits for those able to play a key role in assisting this growth.
The role of on offer would require capacity to run junior group and private lessons and adult group and private lessons. When coaching you will bring passion to every lesson and show determination to teach every student to perform to the best of their capability. You should have a commitment to working with the club over the long term to create a large tournament player contingent and loyal adult community.
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Demonstrated tennis coaching skills in a group and individual setting
- Current Working with Children Check
- Effective workplace communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Flexible coaching skills for juniors & adults of all ages and standards
- Demonstrated co-operative & professional approach
- Proven ability to develop rapport & relationships with juniors, adults & parents
- Willingness to work on weekends particularly Saturday and event days
- Tennis Australia Junior Development Coach Qualification or equivalent
- PE/Human Movement/Sport Coaching/Sport management degree – preferred
- Competent in Work Health & Safety legislation and risk management practices in NSW.
- Experience in managing a number of staff and sub-contractors.
- First Aid Certificate
Applications are ongoing. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay rate:$24-$30/hour depending on experience
- Residency Requirements: All candidates considered including international students and working holiday visa holders (must legally be able to work in Australia)
- Commencing: Immediate
- Closing Date: Ongoing
Teachers of Swimming and Water Safety
Sydney Uni Swim School is looking for reliable and enthusiastic swimming teachers. This fast paced environment, with young motivated teachers, is a great place to work while at uni.
When you commit to a term shift, you get free access to our state of the art facilities. This includes all classes, both gyms, and our 50m indoor size pool. Competitive hourly rate.
If you don’t have your qualifications yet, please contact us as we run Swim Australia accreditation courses.
- Swim Australia Teacher or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Current CPR
- Working with children check
- Teacher of Adults
- Teacher of Aquatics for People with a Disability
- Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics
- First Aid Certificate
Applications are ongoing. Please email your resume to email@example.com
- Type Of Work: Casual
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Contract Hours: Casual
- Remuneration: Based on experience
- Commences: Immediate
- Residency Requirements: All candidates considered including international students (must legally be able to work in Australia)
Interfaculty Sports Internship
The Programs and Participation department are hiring an interfaculty intern to assist with the administration and organization of all the interfaculty sports across the University campus. This fun, fast paced environment is a great place to develop your skills in sports management whilst you are at uni.
- Interest in sport, health and the fitness industry
- Strong time management
- Takes initiative and works with minimal supervision
- Exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of social media, web pages and registration systems.
- Sport management/PDHPE degree or studying
- Experience in managing groups of people
- First aid certificate
The role will commence in March 2018 and you will need to be available on Wednesdays throughout the semester and either Monday or Tuesday for a few hours.
Please note that this is a 6-month volunteer intern position and would be beneficial for those studying sports management and needing work experience hours.
Applications are ongoing. Please send through your resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness clubs would not survive without the incredible volunteer army who work tirelessly to make our sporting clubs so great and successful. We would like to thank our current crop of volunteers who ensure that each of their chosen sports are able to train and participate on a week to week basis.
If you wish to become a volunteer with one of our 47 sporting clubs please contact Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness at email@example.com detailing the sport you are interested in or alternatively you can contact one of our sporting clubs directly. To find the list of our sporting clubs click here.