Careers With Us
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness is built on the talents, attitude and drive of its people. Our culture is our major point of difference and we are determined to preserve and enhance that culture with every new person who joins the team.
Our leaders are accessible and they really listen to what we have to say. Each of us has an important part to play in the Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness storybook of history and we are empowered to be accountable and creative as we do our work. This means that individual contributions are acknowledged and encouraged.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness people have all joined our organisation to be part of the journey - to be part of something big, something that has never been achieved before.
SUSF encourages people to challenge the norm and question process. Our belief is that education and sport go hand in hand and together greatness can be achieved.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness has a variety of excellent career opportunities, from entry level positions for ambitious new starters to Senior Management roles in a variety of disciplines. If you have a passion for innovation, the ability to not only identify problems but provide creative solutions too, are dedicated to getting the job done, relish working with a team and have a sense of fun, then we'd love to hear from you.
Our stakeholders have very high expectations of us. We respond by recruiting truly outstanding people, providing them with opportunities to grow and learn across a range of different areas.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness attracts a large number of applications for each vacancy it advertises. Each application is carefully evaluated against the specific requirements of the role so to help us evaluate your resume and ensure that your experience, skills and qualifications are correctly reflected, we would suggest that you make sure the following information is contained in your resume and covering letter.
- Your name, street address and a contact telephone number;
- Your employment history - including the name(s) of previous companies, position(s) held, period(s) of service, major responsibilities and specific achievements;
- Your level of education and relevant training programs; and
- Any other experience or activities that relate to the role you are applying for
To view SUSF's job applicant policy click here.
Positions Currently Vacant
All positions vacant within Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness are located here. Please check this page reguarly for all information regarding vacant positions.
- Entry Level Graduate Position
- Great working environment
- Develop your finance and payroll experience in a dynamic organisation
- 12 months maximum-term full-time with possible extension
SUSF’s Finance team is responsible for the overall management of the organisation’s finance and payroll functions and the related administrative and legislative compliance.
Due to SUSF’s continuous growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and motivated Finance Officer to join our organisation. The Finance Officer will effectively provide a full range of professional finance and payroll services and ensure a timely and client focused approach in the delivery of services.
As the Finance Officer you will:
- Perform a broad range of finance and payroll related activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll processing
- Perform a broad range of finance and payroll reconciliations with a high level of accuracy
- Work as part of the Finance team with a strong focus on providing excellent customer service and meeting deadlines
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed customer service skills
- A high degree of accuracy in data entry with a high level of attention to detail and excellent numerical skills
This is an entry level graduate position. We welcome high achievers who are excited to take on new challenges and share their ideas. On-the-job training, development and exposure to a dynamic work environment will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and advance your career.
- Remuneration package: $60,000 including super
- Specific enquiries can be directed to Aleksandra Pozder on (02) 9351 4952
- To apply please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 5.00pm 4 December 2017
Head of Football and Head Coach, SUWAFLC
Applications are now open for the role of Head of Football and Head Coach Women's Premier Division at Sydney University Women’s AFL Club for 2018
Sydney University Women's AFL Club is calling for expressions of interest in the role of Head of Football and Head Coach, Women's Premier Division. The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of Australian Rules football, and relevant coaching experience and AFL coaching accreditation (or willingness to acquire accreditation);
- Passion for growing women's football, both in skill development and increasing participation;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to coach a playing group with a diversity of skill levels;
- Ability to coordinate a football program and work in conjunction with other coaches.
About the Club
Sydney University Women’s AFL Club (SUWAFLC) was one of the founding clubs of the Sydney Women’s Australian Football League which started in 2000. Sydney University has earned some great success on the field since that time, winning the premiership in 2001, 2007, 2013 & 2014. Sydney University has appeared in the last seven consecutive Women's Premier division Grand Finals, and have also won the Minor Premiership in 2013, 2014 & 2017.
The Club fields sides in Women's Premier Division and Women's Division One competitions. We offer an environment all players, from elite athletes to newcomers to Aussie Rules, to develop their football skills and have fun playing football.
The Club currently has 3 rostered players in the AFLW; Nicola Barr, Erin McKinnon & Ellie Brush, and in the inaugural AFLW season boasted 5 players.
SUWAFLC is closely affiliated with the Sydney University Men’s AFL Club, both of which are governed under the auspices of Sydney University Sport and Fitness. The top Sydney University’s men’s team competes in the NEAFL.
SUWAFLC is at the forefront of development and expansion of women’s AFL throughout N.S.W. The Club is committed to increasing female participation in the sport and fostering the development of novice and experienced players.
Send written expressions of interest to: Olivia Warren, President at email@example.com (0406 703 664)
Applications Close 30th November 2017. Interviews to be arranged upon application.
Sydney Uni Social Netball is looking for enthusiastic umpires for our social netball competition.
- Must hold a Netball Australia C level badge or higher
- Organisational and time management skills
- Current CPR/First Aid qualification
Applications are ongoing. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of work: Casual
- Commences: Immediately
- Closing Date: Ongoing
- Residences Requirements: All candidates considered including international students (must legally be able to work in Australia)
Sydney Uni Tennis is looking for both casual and part time tennis coaches, with opportunity to increase one’s responsibility as the program develops. The club has recently come under new management and is seeking to substantially expand its junior and adult membership base and there are clear career benefits for those able to play a key role in assisting this growth.
The role of on offer would require capacity to run junior group and private lessons and adult group and private lessons. When coaching you will bring passion to every lesson and show determination to teach every student to perform to the best of their capability. You should have a commitment to working with the club over the long term to create a large tournament player contingent and loyal adult community.
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Demonstrated tennis coaching skills in a group and individual setting
- Current Working with Children Check
- Effective workplace communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Flexible coaching skills for juniors & adults of all ages and standards
- Demonstrated co-operative & professional approach
- Proven ability to develop rapport & relationships with juniors, adults & parents
- Willingness to work on weekends particularly Saturday and event days
- Tennis Australia Junior Development Coach Qualification or equivalent
- PE/Human Movement/Sport Coaching/Sport management degree – preferred
- Competent in Work Health & Safety legislation and risk management practices in NSW.
- Experience in managing a number of staff and sub-contractors.
- First Aid Certificate
Applications are ongoing. Please email your resume to email@example.com
- Pay rate:$24-$30/hour depending on experience
- Residency Requirements: All candidates considered including international students and working holiday visa holders (must legally be able to work in Australia)
- Commencing: Immediate
- Closing Date: Ongoing
Teachers of Swimming and Water Safety
Sydney Uni Swim School is looking for reliable and enthusiastic swimming teachers. This fast paced environment, with young motivated teachers, is a great place to work while at uni.
When you commit to a term shift, you get free access to our state of the art facilities. This includes all classes, both gyms, and our 50m indoor size pool. Competitive hourly rate.
If you don’t have your qualifications yet, please contact us as we run Swim Australia accreditation courses.
- Swim Australia Teacher or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Current CPR
- Working with children check
- Teacher of Adults
- Teacher of Aquatics for People with a Disability
- Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics
- First Aid Certificate
Applications are ongoing. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type Of Work: Casual
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Contract Hours: Casual
- Remuneration: Based on experience
- Commences: Immediate
- Residency Requirements: All candidates considered including international students (must legally be able to work in Australia)
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness clubs would not survive without the incredible volunteer army who work tirelessly to make our sporting clubs so great and successful. We would like to thank our current crop of volunteers who ensure that each of their chosen sports are able to train and participate on a week to week basis.
If you wish to become a volunteer with one of our 47 sporting clubs please contact Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness at email@example.com detailing the sport you are interested in or alternatively you can contact one of our sporting clubs directly. To find the list of our sporting clubs click here.