Careers With Us
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness is built on the talents, attitude and drive of its people. Our culture is our major point of difference and we are determined to preserve and enhance that culture with every new person who joins the team.
Our leaders are accessible and they really listen to what we have to say. Each of us has an important part to play in the Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness storybook of history and we are empowered to be accountable and creative as we do our work. This means that individual contributions are acknowledged and encouraged.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness people have all joined our organisation to be part of the journey - to be part of something big, something that has never been achieved before.
SUSF encourages people to challenge the norm and question process. Our belief is that education and sport go hand in hand and together greatness can be achieved.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness has a variety of excellent career opportunities, from entry level positions for ambitious new starters to Senior Management roles in a variety of disciplines. If you have a passion for innovation, the ability to not only identify problems but provide creative solutions too, are dedicated to getting the job done, relish working with a team and have a sense of fun, then we'd love to hear from you.
Our stakeholders have very high expectations of us. We respond by recruiting truly outstanding people, providing them with opportunities to grow and learn across a range of different areas.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness attracts a large number of applications for each vacancy it advertises. Each application is carefully evaluated against the specific requirements of the role so to help us evaluate your resume and ensure that your experience, skills and qualifications are correctly reflected, we would suggest that you make sure the following information is contained in your resume and covering letter.
- Your name, street address and a contact telephone number;
- Your employment history - including the name(s) of previous companies, position(s) held, period(s) of service, major responsibilities and specific achievements;
- Your level of education and relevant training programs; and
- Any other experience or activities that relate to the role you are applying for
To view SUSF's job applicant policy click here.
Positions Currently Vacant
All positions vacant within Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness are located here. Please check this page reguarly for all information regarding vacant positions.
Part-time Tennis Coach
Sydney University Sport and Fitness has an exciting opportunity on offer for a part time / casual tennis coach. The tennis centre is located with the University Sports and Aquatic centre which is one of Sydney’s finest sporting facilities: It boasts an Olympic pool; comprehensive gym; multiple indoor multipurpose sports halls; squash courts; RPM centre; and six synthetic grass tennis courts with additional hard and natural grass courts in close proximity.
1. Strategies & Game Development:
- 1.1 Lead and drive the development and delivery of SUSF’s Tennis Development Strategies including the Tennis Australia ANZ Hot Shots Program, Cardio Tennis & our quality private lessons.
- 1.2 Drive the recruitment of juniors to Sydney Uni Tennis with our Hot Shots Tournaments, Tennis NSW RR Events & Tournaments
- 1.3 Work with other coaching staff to provide a centre of excellence for junior coaching
- 2.1 Coach Private lessons both junior & adult
- 2.2 Perform high quality one on one lessons
- 2.3 Coach junior & adult group lessons
- 2.4 Coach Cardio Tennis
- 2.5 The successful must be able to work evenings and weekends in particular Saturday mornings.
- 3.1 Direct our Tennis NSW junior round robin events
- 3.2 Be responsible for ANZ Hot Shots tournament challenges
- 4.1 Direct and run our school holiday programs – Hot Shots Camps
- 4.2 Be involved in running tournaments, clinics and events as needed
5. Performance Analysis
- 5.1 Be able to assess student’s suitability for classes they’re enrolled in.
- 5.2 Identify talented students
6. Performance Measures & Accountability
- 6.1 Active engagement of clients (client feedback) including coaching and events
- 6.2 Performance running events program, meeting budget requirements and client feedback
- 6.3 Contribution to Coach Workshops- 1 per term (minimum)
- 6.4 Recruitment of juniors into program
- 6.5 Processional running of camps program
The successful must be able to work evenings and weekends in particular regular Saturday mornings and event days. Pay rate is dependent on experience.
To apply please send through a Cover Letter and your CV to Yvette firstname.lastname@example.org
General Manager – Sydney Uni Australian National Football Club
Sydney Uni Sport and Fitness (SUSF) is a dynamic organisation providing sporting, recreation and fitness services to the University and general community. The Sydney University Australian National Football Club (SUANFC) is a leading sports organisation in NSW, participating in the elite North Eastern Australian Football League (NEAFL). The program is supported by Sydney Uni Sport and Fitness (SUSF) High Performance department and a stable and progressive Club Executive.
The General Manager will largely be responsible to drive sustained on and off field success as a state league NEAFL and local Sydney AFL Club. The General Manager role is a challenging yet rewarding position that is suited to someone who is serious about enhancing their career in sport. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of one of the most unique state league football clubs in Australia. SUANFC has developed a strong football brand over the past few years and is quickly becoming a destination club for many elite athletes. The club also caters for community level footballers with seven teams entered into the local Sydney AFL competition.
SUANFC are looking for an individual who can demonstrate a high competency in stakeholder management. The successful candidate will devise and implement a communications strategy that ensures each stakeholder remains intimately connected to the club at all times.
A solid understanding of the current AFL competitions and pathways within NSW will be advantageous for the applicant. SUANFC plays an important strategic role in the local elite player pathway which the successful General Manager will manage and develop.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Football Operations
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Management
- Commercial Operations
- Stakeholder Management
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience with an Australian or International Professional sporting franchise or institute program
- Proven commercial management and business development acumen.
- Credibility within, and knowledge of the AFL (NSW/ACT) and/or NEAFL is advantageous
- Understanding and management of complex budgets
You must have the right to live and work in Australia
- Full Time 1 year maximum term contract
- Remuneration: Dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Email applications to email@example.com by 12 Jan 2018. Applications must include a ONE page cover letter, that addresses the roles and responsibilities, and a max 3-page CV.
- Enquiries: Tristan Liles, High Performance Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Development and Sponsorships Manager
SUSF Development and Sponsorships Manager
SUSF Executive Director, with a dotted line reporting to Director of Development (Major Gifts) in the University Development Office
Development and Alumni Relations
SUSF Head Office
The role will report directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for developing and implementing broad-based fundraising programs to support for the Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness network.
1. Philanthropy at SUSF and Club levels including:
- 1.1. Identify and manage a portfolio of prospective individual donors, corporate donors, Foundations and Trusts.
- 1.2 Implement individual plans to cultivate and solicit prospects to make a gift to SUSF.
- 1.3. Identify and valuing assets which are suitable for naming
- 1.4. Undertake an agreed number of fundraising meetings with prospective donors each month, accompanying the Executive Director and/or Club officials as required. Write and record contact reports following each meeting.
- 1.5 Identify, prepare and submit an annually agreed number of compelling written proposals that request prospective donors to make a major gift to SUSF.
- 1.6 Work with the University’s Development Office to identify opportunities for crowdfunding projects.
- 1.7. Ensure existing donors are well stewarded and appropriately recognised.
- 1.8 Maintain relevant, detailed and up-to-date information on donors and prospects, as well as reports to support effective fundraising.
- 1.9 Ensure ongoing interaction, training and guidance from the University of Sydney Development Office through the Director of Development (Major Gifts)
2. Sponsorship at Club levels including:
- 2.1 Managing all corporate contractual arrangements with existing Sydney Uni Flames sponsors.
- 2.2 Creating a categorisation of sponsorship levels, a sponsorship package for each category and target appropriate organisations at each level.
- 2.3 Ensuring all corporate sponsors receive their entitlements/benefits as per their agreement.
- 2.4 Enhancing all sponsorship arrangements to ensure long-term viability of the relationship.
- 2.5 Devising opportunities for new areas which could lead to sponsorship or revenue raising.
- 2.6 Ensuring sponsors receive suitable recognition at Flames home games and events.
- 2.7 Providing support to the Flames General Manager in regards to producing community related sponsorship packages and securing potential agreements with community organisations.
- 2.8 Liaising with the SUSF Legal & HR Manager to ensure sponsorship agreements meet the standards of the Flames and SUSF.
- 2.9 Sourcing and applying for any potential grant funding opportunities, with the Flames General Manager.
- 2.10 Supporting the Marketing & Communications Manager and the Flames team in compiling the annual membership brochure to ensure sponsors receive suitable recognition.
- 2.11 Coordinating the weekly match day program schedule and ensure suitable recognition is made to sponsors. Liaising with the Marketing & Communications Manager and Flames staff for content before final approval is given.
- 2.12 Coordinating invitations to VIP’s for each Flames home match, host sponsors and coordinate attendance at home games and functions, whilst ensuring the corporate sponsors’ attendance is a positive experience.
- 2.13 Coordinating all corporate sponsor signage for Flames home games.
- 2.14 Reviewing, analysing and evaluating effectiveness of season activities or projects.
3. Sponsorship at SUSF level including:
- 3.1 Managing the arrangements with existing SUSF sponsors.
- 3.2 Devising opportunities for new areas which could lead to sponsorship or revenue raising, in consultation with the Marketing & Communication Manager.
- 3.3 Creating sponsorship packages for any new identified area.
- 3.4 Ensuring all sponsors receive their entitlements as per their agreement.
- 3.5 Liaising with the Legal & HR Manager to ensure sponsorship agreements meet the standards of the SUSF.
- 3.6 Providing support to SUSF Clubs (when able) to ensure club sponsorship packages are of a professional standard and conflict doesn’t arise with SUSF sponsors.
- 3.7 Coordinating the arrangement with external suppliers (if required) who may source sponsorship for SUSF.
- 3.8 Sourcing and applying for any potential grant funding opportunities.
4. Liaison with Club boards and committees
- 4.1. Alignment of purpose and vision between Clubs and SUSF particularly with respect to elite level sport
- 4.2. Training of student and other volunteer committee members in meeting procedure, budgeting, minuting and record keeping, and familiarity with SUSF policies and procedures
- 4.3. Developing consistency and quality of SUSF’s brand image by encouraging uniformity of style and sourcing for Clubs’ merchandise
5. Other Duties:
- 5.1. Maintain an accessible sponsor filing system.
- 5.2. Oversee and control payments/invoices to sponsors and suppliers.
- 5.3. Ensure all sponsor information; contact details, artwork and logos are filed and maintained.
- 5.4. Be present at the annual Blues Dinner and Sports Awards to host SUSF/Flames sponsors.
- 5.5. Attend all Flames home games.
- 5.6. All other duties as required.
6. Special Projects
6.1. Undertaking special projects as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications & Experience:
- Professional Sport Industry experience (3+ years)
- Experience in business development and consultative selling techniques with an ability to achieve monthly activity targets as a key metric of performance and annual performance targets (dollars raised)
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and an ability to appropriately deal with confidentiality and privacy issues associated with development and donor relations activities.
- High level organisational and time management skills
- Experience in working independently and as an integral part of a team
- Excellent Excel, Microsoft Word and IT skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications – Degree in Sports Science, Management, Marketing or similar experience
- Intimate knowledge of working within a university based environment
- Understanding of industry best practice
- Prior experience sourcing donation and/or corporate sponsorship for sporting organisations
- Media skills and experience
Sydney Uni Social Netball is looking for enthusiastic umpires for our social netball competition.
- Must hold a Netball Australia C level badge or higher
- Organisational and time management skills
- Current CPR/First Aid qualification
Applications are ongoing. Please email your resume to email@example.com
- Type of work: Casual
- Commences: Immediately
- Closing Date: Ongoing
- Residences Requirements: All candidates considered including international students (must legally be able to work in Australia)
Sydney Uni Tennis is looking for both casual and part time tennis coaches, with opportunity to increase one’s responsibility as the program develops. The club has recently come under new management and is seeking to substantially expand its junior and adult membership base and there are clear career benefits for those able to play a key role in assisting this growth.
The role of on offer would require capacity to run junior group and private lessons and adult group and private lessons. When coaching you will bring passion to every lesson and show determination to teach every student to perform to the best of their capability. You should have a commitment to working with the club over the long term to create a large tournament player contingent and loyal adult community.
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Demonstrated tennis coaching skills in a group and individual setting
- Current Working with Children Check
- Effective workplace communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Flexible coaching skills for juniors & adults of all ages and standards
- Demonstrated co-operative & professional approach
- Proven ability to develop rapport & relationships with juniors, adults & parents
- Willingness to work on weekends particularly Saturday and event days
- Tennis Australia Junior Development Coach Qualification or equivalent
- PE/Human Movement/Sport Coaching/Sport management degree – preferred
- Competent in Work Health & Safety legislation and risk management practices in NSW.
- Experience in managing a number of staff and sub-contractors.
- First Aid Certificate
Applications are ongoing. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay rate:$24-$30/hour depending on experience
- Residency Requirements: All candidates considered including international students and working holiday visa holders (must legally be able to work in Australia)
- Commencing: Immediate
- Closing Date: Ongoing
Teachers of Swimming and Water Safety
Sydney Uni Swim School is looking for reliable and enthusiastic swimming teachers. This fast paced environment, with young motivated teachers, is a great place to work while at uni.
When you commit to a term shift, you get free access to our state of the art facilities. This includes all classes, both gyms, and our 50m indoor size pool. Competitive hourly rate.
If you don’t have your qualifications yet, please contact us as we run Swim Australia accreditation courses.
- Swim Australia Teacher or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Current CPR
- Working with children check
- Teacher of Adults
- Teacher of Aquatics for People with a Disability
- Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics
- First Aid Certificate
Applications are ongoing. Please email your resume to email@example.com
- Type Of Work: Casual
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Contract Hours: Casual
- Remuneration: Based on experience
- Commences: Immediate
- Residency Requirements: All candidates considered including international students (must legally be able to work in Australia)
Interfaculty Sports Internship
The Programs and Participation department are hiring an interfaculty intern to assist with the administration and organization of all the interfaculty sports across the University campus. This fun, fast paced environment is a great place to develop your skills in sports management whilst you are at uni.
- Interest in sport, health and the fitness industry
- Strong time management
- Takes initiative and works with minimal supervision
- Exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of social media, web pages and registration systems.
- Sport management/PDHPE degree or studying
- Experience in managing groups of people
- First aid certificate
The role will commence in March 2018 and you will need to be available on Wednesdays throughout the semester and either Monday or Tuesday for a few hours.
Please note that this is a 6-month volunteer intern position and would be beneficial for those studying sports management and needing work experience hours.
Applications are ongoing. Please send through your resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness clubs would not survive without the incredible volunteer army who work tirelessly to make our sporting clubs so great and successful. We would like to thank our current crop of volunteers who ensure that each of their chosen sports are able to train and participate on a week to week basis.
If you wish to become a volunteer with one of our 47 sporting clubs please contact Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness at email@example.com detailing the sport you are interested in or alternatively you can contact one of our sporting clubs directly. To find the list of our sporting clubs click here.