SUSF Philosophy Statement
Our philosophy is to provide campers an opportunity to learn, keep fit and have fun in a safe, exciting and fun-filled environment. Through recognising the uniqueness of each child, SUSF are committed to providing a quality sporting program that allows campers to develop socially, mentally, emotionally and physically.
SUSF recognises the significance of children being involved in engaging and meaningful opportunities. Children are shaped by many experiences and are very capable at supporting one another as well as being resourceful and active contributors in their learning. The result is children who are able to become active members of society and who develop a strong sense of identity and wellbeing.
We teach skills using a game sense approach and emphasise values such as sportsmanship, sharing and cooperation. Our staff members are role models and leaders and are chosen for their welcoming and friendly nature and willingness to provide a caring and safe environment that provides high quality care for children.
Why choose our School Holiday Sports Camps?
The focus of our camps is to introduce and encourage kids to participate in sport and fitness by focusing on the following:
- Skill and movement development required to participate in various activities
- Enhancing self confidence and social interaction
- Encourage health & wellbeing by modelling healthy eating habits and by promoting play and leisure
- Emphasise values of friendship and sportsmanship
- Improving the desire to participate, have fun and learn
We are dedicated to providing our campers with professional coaching staff, excellent facilities, low coaching ratios and lots of fresh fruit to snack on.
And don't forget camps operate rain, hail or shine!
Our unique camp benefits:
- High quality facilities. Held on the beautiful grounds of The University of Sydney, SUSF has access to six University ovals, indoor courts, outdoor courts, martial arts dojo, group fitness studio, gymnasium, dance hall and more!
- Variety of activities - SUSF has between 15-20 different sports camps, with the option of a Multi Sport camp for those who want to try a bit of everything!
- Professional, experienced and friendly staff. Our staff are either qualified teachers, are athletes themselves, are experts in the activity or all of the above.
- Low coach/camper ratios (approximately 1:12) to create great connection and care.
- Camps based on structured and proven skill level development programs.
- Opportunities for appearances and talks from leading Sydney Uni athletes.
- Certificate of Attendance at end of camp.
- FREE Sydney Uni Sports Camp apparel.
- FREE fresh fruit daily.
- SUSF is a Registered child care provider with the Family Assistance Office so parents (if eligible) are entiltled to Registered childcare payments each camp.
Our School Holiday Sports Camps are proudly sponsored by:
|Fresh for Kids - Sydney Markets|
For more information please visit www.freshforkids.com.au
MyChild - Find information on the types of child care, fee assistance and links to other useful websites about children’s health, wellbeing, parenting and family support services.
Sydney Markets Fresh for Kids - Helpful hints on healthy lunchbox snacks for school aged children and yummy recipe ideas. They provide our fresh fruit too!
Healthy Kids - Provides information, resources and ideas on physical activity and healthy eating for children and young people.
Lifeline - Provides a range of support services available to families ranging from counselling to crisis support management.
NSW Government Family & Community Services - A government website that provides information needed to help protect children and young people at risk of abuse.
ReachOut - A fantastic not-for-profit organisation that provides information and resources for young people around mental health issues and coping strategies.
To contact our staff please call 1300 068 922 or email email@example.com