Careers With Us
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness is built on the talents, attitude and drive of its people. Our culture is our major point of difference and we are determined to preserve and enhance that culture with every new person who joins the team.
Our leaders are accessible and they really listen to what we have to say. Each of us has an important part to play in the Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness storybook of history and we are empowered to be accountable and creative as we do our work. This means that individual contributions are acknowledged and encouraged.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness people have all joined our organisation to be part of the journey - to be part of something big, something that has never been achieved before.
SUSF encourages people to challenge the norm and question process. Our belief is that education and sport go hand in hand and together greatness can be achieved.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness has a variety of excellent career opportunities, from entry level positions for ambitious new starters to Senior Management roles in a variety of disciplines. If you have a passion for innovation, the ability to not only identify problems but provide creative solutions too, are dedicated to getting the job done, relish working with a team and have a sense of fun, then we'd love to hear from you.
Our stakeholders have very high expectations of us. We respond by recruiting truly outstanding people, providing them with opportunities to grow and learn across a range of different areas.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness attracts a large number of applications for each vacancy it advertises. Each application is carefully evaluated against the specific requirements of the role so to help us evaluate your resume and ensure that your experience, skills and qualifications are correctly reflected, we would suggest that you make sure the following information is contained in your resume and covering letter.
- Your name, street address and a contact telephone number;
- Your employment history - including the name(s) of previous companies, position(s) held, period(s) of service, major responsibilities and specific achievements;
- Your level of education and relevant training programs; and
- Any other experience or activities that relate to the role you are applying for
To view SUSF's job applicant policy click here.
Positions Currently Vacant
All positions vacant within Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness are located here. Please check this page reguarly for all information regarding vacant positions.
Permanent Part Time.
4 days per week.
Salary depending on experience.
Applicants to email Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com ATTN: Natalie
Job Closes 5pm Friday 5th April 2019
Full job advertisement on sportspeople
Flexible with days as evening and weekend work will be expected, as well as attendance at monthly Senior Management meetings on Thursday mornings.
Full-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator
38 hours per week.
Salary up to $60,000 including Super (dependent on experience).
Applicants to email Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Laura
Job Closes 5pm Monday 29th April 2019
Full job advertisement on Sportspeople
Sydney Uni Social Netball Competition is looking for reliable and enthusiastic netball umpires to join our growing competitions. We run weekly competitions on Tuesday nights and Sunday afternoons with a brand new fast five competition starting on Wednesday nights.
- Casual Hours
- Paid per game
- All candidates considered including international students (must legally be able to work in Australia)
- Commencing as soon as possible
Netball Comps run:
- Tuesdays 6.35pm – 10.35pm
- Wednesday Fast Five 5.50pm – 8.00pm
- Sundays 1.00pm – 9.00pm
- Tuesday $21.93 per game (40 mins)
- Wednesday Fast Five $17.42 per game (30 mins)
- Sunday $22.48 per game (40 mins)
- Must have experience umpiring netball
- Must hold a Netball Australia C level badge or higher, or at least 5 years netball umpire experience
- Organisational and time management skills
- Experience umpiring Fast Five netball
Applications are ongoing. Please email your resume to email@example.com
- Type of work: Casual
- Commences: Immediately
- Closing Date: Ongoing
- Residences Requirements: All candidates considered including international students (must legally be able to work in Australia)
Sydney Uni Tennis is looking for both casual and part time tennis coaches, with opportunity to increase one’s responsibility as the program develops. The club has recently come under new management and is seeking to substantially expand its junior and adult membership base and there are clear career benefits for those able to play a key role in assisting this growth.
The role of on offer would require capacity to run junior group and private lessons and adult group and private lessons. When coaching you will bring passion to every lesson and show determination to teach every student to perform to the best of their capability. You should have a commitment to working with the club over the long term to create a large tournament player contingent and loyal adult community.
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Demonstrated tennis coaching skills in a group and individual setting
- Current Working with Children Check
- Effective workplace communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Flexible coaching skills for juniors & adults of all ages and standards
- Demonstrated co-operative & professional approach
- Proven ability to develop rapport & relationships with juniors, adults & parents
- Willingness to work on weekends particularly Saturday and event days
- Tennis Australia Junior Development Coach Qualification or equivalent
- PE/Human Movement/Sport Coaching/Sport management degree – preferred
- Competent in Work Health & Safety legislation and risk management practices in NSW.
- Experience in managing a number of staff and sub-contractors.
- First Aid Certificate
Applications are ongoing. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay rate:$24-$30/hour depending on experience
- Residency Requirements: All candidates considered including international students and working holiday visa holders (must legally be able to work in Australia)
- Commencing: Immediate
- Closing Date: Ongoing
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness clubs would not survive without the incredible volunteer army who work tirelessly to make our sporting clubs so great and successful. We would like to thank our current crop of volunteers who ensure that each of their chosen sports are able to train and participate on a week to week basis.
If you wish to become a volunteer with one of our 40+ sporting clubs please contact Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness at email@example.com detailing the sport you are interested in or alternatively you can contact one of our sporting clubs directly. To find the list of our sporting clubs click here.