Support Sport at the University of Sydney
Neccessary infrastructure, coaching and administrative expertise, as well as sporting scholarships, are fundamental to Sydney University’s clubs and athletes achieving excellence. A tax-deductible donation is a rewarding and appreciated way by which you can lend your support. See the ways you can support sport at the University of Sydney below.
1. Join us in our Five By '25 Project
Pursuing excellence in tertiary studies and sport simultaneously can be especially challenging. Donations to sporting scholarships, sport in general or specific sports clubs at the University of Sydney helps provide tremendous support to student athletes so that they may acheive their ultimate sporting and academic goals.
It is our strong hope that with your philanthropic donations, we can reach our Five by '25 target to support our Elite Athlete Program and sporting clubs for many years to come.
2. Support Sport in General or a Specific Sport or Club
If you choose for your donation to support sport in general, the University of Sydney Sports Foundation will thoughtfully determine the purpose for which your funding will be utilised. The Foundation works closely with Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness and the University of Sydney to ensure that such unencumbered generous contributions are directed towards prioritised areas.
Alternatively, there are some 40+ Sydney University sports clubs affiliated with Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness. For several sports, to facilitate targeted fundraising for the associated Sydney University sports clubs and athletes, Divisions of the University of Sydney Foundation have been established (as outlined below). You can choose to support a specific Division of the University of Sydney Foundation:
- Athletics Division
- Australian Rules Football Division
- Cricket Division
- Hockey Division
- Rowing Division
- Soccer Football Division
- General Sport Division (for all other clubs)
3. Donate to Capital Works & Infrastructure
Projects Gifts may be made to support infrastructure projects or capital works improvements. The Capital Works Division of the University of Sydney Foundation manages all such gifts received. Such gifts may be of two types;
- Support of Specific Projects: From time to time, appeals will be launched to support specific infrastructure projects and any gifts received will be directed to, and spent in support of, the nominated project.
- General Capital Works: Gifts received in support of capital works in general will be managed by the Capital Works Division of the Foundation and allocated at their discretion.