Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness is extending our FREE Water Safety classes for University of Sydney students in Semester 2, 2020.
New Registrations open Wednesday 30 September
Learning to swim is challenging yet very rewarding.
This 7 week program of 1 (one) 45 minute class per week will allow students who have no or limited experience with the water to learn basic water skills, stroke and water survival skills in a safe and friendly environment.
Places are limited - read through the below program information and express your interest via the link at the bottom of the page.
Where: Sydney University Sports & Aquatic Centre, corner Darlington Road & Codrington Street, Darlington
Start Date: Classes commence 13 October
- Please note this program is only available to currently enrolled USYD Students & student ID number must be provided
- Students will self-assess their ability based on the following descriptors:
- No water experience - I have never been in a pool in my life
- Beginner - nervous, I do not know how to move when unable to stand
- Intermediate - I am able to move in water deeper than my height
- Students may submit one (1) expresssion of interest only for an ability level/day/time period (duplicate expressions of interest will be removed).
- Learn the necessary skills needed to be safe in the water & develop swimming stroke technique that you can continue for a lifetime
- Whole body workout with many physical and mental health benefits - as well as being fun, swimming is a great way to keep fit and make friends
- Free SUSF Swim Cap and certificate of acheivement
Timetable of classes:
|9:15am to 10:00am||9:15am to 10:00am||9:15am to 10:00am|
|10:00 am to 10:45am||10:00 am to 10:45am||10:00 am to 10:45am|
|10:45 am to 11:30am||10:45 am to 11:30 am||10:45 am to 11:30 am|
|11:30 am to 12:15pm||11:30 am to 12:15 pm||11:30 am to 12:15 pm|
|12:15pm to 1:00pm||12:15pm to 1:00pm||12:15pm to 1:00pm|
NON MEMBERS must first set up a profile here . You will then receive an email confirmation with your Member ID and PIN number allowing you to book your watersafe class online.