Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness is running FREE Water Safety classes for University of Sydney students in Semester 2, 2020. Registrations open Monday 10 August.
Learning to swim is challenging yet very rewarding.
This 5 week program of 1 (one) 45 minute class per week will allow students who have no or limited experience with the water to learn basic water skills, stroke and water survival skills in a safe and friendly environment.
Places are limited - read through the below program information and express your interest via the link at the bottom of the page.
Where: Sydney University Sports & Aquatic Centre, corner Darlington Road & Codrington Street, Darlington
Start Date: Classes commence Week 1 of Semester 2, 2020
- Please note this program is only available to currently enrolled USYD Students & student ID number must be provided
- Students will self-assess their ability based on the following descriptors:
- No water experience - I have never been in a pool in my life
- Beginner - nervous, I do not know how to move when unable to stand
- Intermediate - I am able to move in water deeper than my height
- Students may submit one (1) expresssion of interest only for an ability level/day/time period (duplicate expressions of interest will be removed).
- Learn the necessary skills needed to be safe in the water & develop swimming stroke technique that you can continue for a lifetime
- Whole body workout with many physical and mental health benefits - as well as being fun, swimming is a great way to keep fit and make friends
- Free SUSF Swim Cap and certificate of acheivement, free additional pool access during the program to practise technique
- See the full program here
Timetable of classes:
|9:30am to 10:15 am||9:30am to 10:15 am|
|10:15 am to 11:00 am||10:15 am to 11:00 am|
|11:00 am to 11:45 am||11:00 am to 11:45 am|
|11:45 am to 12:30 pm||11:45 am to 12:30 pm|